I'm Saki, the new co-author and the #1 fan of this lovely blog!
As my first blog post, I'm gonna show you how to make a DIY toothpick basket in 5 simple steps.
Things You'll Need:
- A packet of toothpicks
- Keep 2 toothpicks parallel to each other, vertically, on your working surface, and apply two dots of glue on both ends of the toothpicks. (It'll be better if you applied the glue leaving several millimetres on the ends.)
- Keep another 2 toothpicks on the first two, horizontally.
- Apply glue dots and stick another 2 toothpicks as you did earlier.
- Continue the process until you create a square model, deep enough.
- Apply glue along the last two toothpicks.
- Make the base of the basket by covering with toothpicks.
- Leave it for 15 minutes for the glue to harden.
- Turn the basket, hollow side up, and apply 2 stripes of glue along the middle of the four sides.
- Leave for 5 minutes.
- Apply glue on the top ends of the sticks and keep toothpicks as to make a handle and leave for 15 minutes.
Below is a picture of my first toothpick basket (Its handle is a little bit different,yes) that I have filled with quilled flowers.